Looking After Your Vape Tank
- Make sure you get a compatible coil for your tank that matches your style to avoid disappointment.
- Follow our Coil Priming Guide when filling up your tank for the first time to get the best results and avoid premature coil failure.
- Use the recommended wattage for your coils and keep your tank topped up to avoid dry hits.
- Use the right E-Liquid with your coils.
- Store your tank safely to avoid damaging the glass or any components.
- Overuse your device at high wattage levels; this leads to premature coil failure and dry hits.
- Leave your tank sitting full of liquid for a long time; this leads to oversaturated coils.
- Forget to change your coils regularly; coils should be changed every 10 days or so to keep a fresh taste and optimal output.
- Over-tighten or under-tighten the components; overtightening can lead to malfunctions, whereas under-tightening may lead to a leaking tank.
- Forget to clean your vape tank; cleaning the tank between coil changes will keep your e-liquids tasting good.
Tank Glasses and many other tank parts are found on our Vape Accessories page for easy replacements.
Vape Tank FAQs
What are the different vaping styles?
There are 2 main vaping styles; Mouth-to-Lung and Direct-to-Lung.
MTL vaping is when you inhale into your mouth and then into your lungs, whereas with DTL vaping, you inhale straight to your lungs.
There is also Restricted-Direct-to-Lung vaping which is the bridge between the two vaping styles but is closer to DTL vaping.
Which vape tank should I buy?
When choosing a vape tank, it’s important to check that it comes with coil options that suit your vaping style, whether it’s MTL or DTL.
The Innokin Zlide Top Tank is a great vape tank which facilitates both MTL and RDL vaping with plenty of coil options.
The Geekvape Z Sub Ohm Tank is one of the best DTL tanks on the market, with plenty of sub-ohm coil options.
What e-liquid should I use with my vape tank?
What e-liquid you use in your vape tank depends on what coil you have fitted.
If you vape MTL and use coils above the 0.8-ohm mark, you should use Nic Salts and Freebase Nicotine E-Liquids.
If you vape DTL and use sub-ohm coils below the 0.5-ohm mark, you should use Shortfill E-Liquids.
Between 0.5-ohms and 0.8-ohms, you can use low-strength Nic Salts but Freebase Nicotine E-Liquids are recommended because they are more compatible with powerful devices.
How do I clean my vape tank?
Cleaning your vape tank is easy; just separate the components and place them under warm running water. After, just wipe them with some paper towels and let the parts completely air dry before reassembling them.
You should clean out your tank whenever you replace your coils to keep a good flavour output.
How do I know when to replace my vape coils?
There are multiple signs to look out for which tell you it’s time to replace your coils:
- Noticing a lack of flavour while you’re vaping is a clear sign that your coils are past their prime.
- Getting a burnt taste from your coils is also a clear sign that they need to be replaced.
- If your coils are spitting vape juice or leaking from the mouthpiece and can’t be fixed, your coils should be replaced with fresh ones.
You should replace your vape coils every 10 days or so. It all depends on the frequency of use and how you use the coils; it’s always good to replace coils regularly to have optimal flavour and vapour output.